Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Another one of those days

Today has been another MS day. My wife woke up sick this morning and has been having vertigo symptoms on and off all day long. She has had vertigo before, and it usually seems to hit on the wrong day at the wrong time. She has been trying to sleep it off all day, and will probably sleep straight for 20 + hours. I know that this frustrates her more than anything. She had so many things planned for today, and on top of being sick, she now feels behind even further than she already was. We both feel like this is just a stomach bug going around, but her Multiple Sclerosis seems to make these things bigger than they should be. Today will pass, and by tomorrow morning she may feel great again. The vertigo became worse as the day went on, so we decided to try a special chiropractor we have been going to for about 5 years. The drive to the office was not enjoyable, and the walk inside wasn't much better. The people in the chiropractors office stared hard since my wife could hardly stand, much less walk. Within minutes of being adjusted I could tell from her eyes and color of her skin that the vertigo was letting up. We didn't know if it would work, but the chiro treatment was able to knock out the majority of the dizziness and within about half an hour, she was feeling a 100 times better. She slept the rest of the day and was feeling considerably better. These times are always hard, and you never know if these attacks will last a few hours, a few days or a month or more, so we were relieved when she started getting better the same day. And as I have learned in our marriage, this was just another one of those days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing your stories. they've helped me to understand ms alot more. i have a partner with ms and who finds it hard to express to me what's going on. he's been diagnosed now for 4 years and we've been together for 5 years. we have a wonderful 21 month old daughter. can i ask how does a chiropractor help those with ms? my partner has never seen anyone apart from his neuro and gp.

Anonymous said...

I came upon this blog by mistake more than anything, but am glad for it. I am currently working towards an MS diagnosis I believe. I have had an MRI done and it shows one small lesion that has neither grown nor multiplied in the last four years. I am now scheduled for a spinal tap. I have foot drop and weakness in one leg, however,my biggest issue is pain and sensation in my legs. The pain is hard to describe. It ranges from a dull ache throughout the legs to a restless leg type of problem from the waist down. The restless leg can involve almost my whole body at times. It feels like I am on vibrate. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this or if it may not be MS at all but something else. Any input is helpful.

Unknown said...

Hi Anonymous, thanks for the comment. I know my wife would understand your frustration with the restless legs. Restless legs were a lot bigger problem before we started the treatments we use today, but she still has a few issues if she has pushed too hard and worn her legs out. I know for her the best thing is to get a Pro Adjuster Chiropractic adjustment. An adjustment stops all of her leg issues and she only has to be adjusted a few times a month, and that's if she's having problems. I hope you find an answer to your problem, and thanks for reading my blog.