Sunday, December 8, 2013

Making The Most Out Of Life

It's been awhile since I've posted, so I thought I would write about our recent change in life.  Over the past few years I've ran a children's home while my wife helped to develop programs for the home along with handling donor relations.  After 2 and a half years of 24/7 work we decided to make a drastic change and move to Colorado to work more normal hours and have more time to spend with our daughter.  This has been a big change for me and for the whole family, but it has been a good one.

Life has slowed down, even with us still pushing and unsure of how to slow life down. :)  We've learned that the general culture of Colorado is much slower than we're used to, and it's been healthy for our whole family to not be in a rush all the time.  It took a few weeks for my wife to become acclimated to the climate, and she had a few MS issues during the first month here.  It never ceases to amaze me how sensitive her body is to climate changes and different elevations.  After a month or so her body has acclimated and she isn't having those issues anymore, and of course we used and continue to use Pro Adjuster Chiropractic when she has issues and it continues to stop any MS issues.  

Our recent move is another natural step in our minds to live life in a way that will help our family.  We've made many moves and changes through the years to create a better life for ourselves and also to create the best life choices for my wife's MS.  We've learned that climate, stress, chiropractic care, sleep patterns, climate control in our home, and a host of other things can make our lives easier or harder and we try to control as many of those as possible.  With this new change I should have more time to update the blog and some new thoughts on MS.

5 comments:

AB said...

it's really good that you have made changes in your life. A bit of peace and quiet would work wonders for your wife. I would also suggest chiropractic care to my wife, who is currently also taking homeopathy.
Best of luck

Unknown said...

Hi AB, thanks for the comment. Peace and quiet are exactly what we are looking for and we know that dry climates and higher elevations seem to do well for her. Yes, please look at Chiropractic. We have found that Pro Adjuster is the only type of Chiropractic that helps as much as it does, and we rely heavily on it to stop attacks and keep my wife feeling well.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're still here :)
I kept checking for updates, but family first. I hope you are all settled in now and your wife is feeling better and does well with "Pro Adjuster". Nearly 3 yrs have passed since my first CCSVI procedure, I've had three more since. I know I need another since my symptoms returned. I'm praying for your wife and all m.s.patients.
God bless!!

Unknown said...

Hi Anonymous, thanks for the comment. I hope to get back to a routine of writing on the blog again. Out of curiosity, is there a reason you are having to have so many procedures in such a short time? Thank you for your prayers!

Snowbells said...

Thank you for your posts. I also have MS and digestive issues almost constantly that are just like your wife's. I have read of this in journal articles, but have yet to find a neurologist who doesn't laugh at such a notion. MS is a very unusual, random nerve disorder, it's not unusual that strange nerve things happen all through the body, in my mind. Chiropractic also helped me, but is prohibitively expensive when my primary doctor refuses to refer me. So I'm hoping for a referral soon. Thank you for your blog. It makes me feel that I'm not INSANE with my issues! Best of health to you both --