Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day 6 Juice Cleanse with Multiple Sclerosis

Overall, Day 5 was really rough for my wife. Day 6 started out much better and my wife had a much better night of sleep. Today my wife decided to add a little more solid food into her diet. She ate some celery and peanut butter, and then had a small salad in the evening. She felt a lot better today, and everything was good other than not being able to go to sleep tonight. She was up till 3 in the morning, and I'm pretty sure it was the salad that energized her a little too much. :) I also had a small evening meal, but only juice the rest of the day. I am feeling very energetic and it is getting easier to pass up foods that normally I would be craving all day long.

Today we mixed it up with a few different juices, and have found a Pear juice mixture that is one of our favorites. We have also added other items to the juice like sweet potato's, strawberries, and blueberries. Both of us are feeling much better today with less cravings, more energy and we are both getting a lot done. This whole experience has had it's ups and downs, but we are both very happy we started on this path to better health. Over the next weeks we are going to juice until dinner, and then eat a healthy meal. Up till today, I have lost almost 10 lbs, and my wife has lost 6 lbs. For more information on what we did and the recipes we used, you can follow my wife on her blog at http://myhusbandswifehasms.blogspot.com/. She started the blog recently to show her perspective, and it has been fun to see how we see some things differently and some the same. Check it out and make sure and comment on her posts.

7 comments:

Haus said...

I too really enjoy juicing. I originally used a Jack Lalanne Power Juicer, and it juices very well. But it doesn't do the green leaves and some other items I enjoy in my juices. I now use a Ninja and it really pulverizes anything I put into it but the juices are not as smooth as I would like them to be. I heard that the Vitamix is great but I can not afford $600 for a juicer. What kind of juicer are you using?

Unknown said...

Hey Haus, juicing has been interesting for sure. I feel so much better on the juice and my body has more energy. We ended up buying a Breville Elite Juicer. It is a monster and by far the best juicer we have owned. Clean up is easy and it juices really fast. It's not cheap, but we have been really happy with it so far.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the link to your wife's blog! Love having both sides of the story!

Ariana said...

I recently started reading your blog and I really like it, good ideas. c:
I also have MS, I'm 16 and was DX December of 2011. Keep up the awesome work you guys.

Sue said...

Hi,

My husband is 40 and has had m.s for 20 years. He is having an off day today and I just found this by accident. I had tears running down my face as I have always felt alone, even after looking online . When he is having a bad day it frightens me so much that I feel so helpless. I do everything for him now and generally he is in good spirits but now and again he gets worn out to the point of hardly being able to talk to me or anyone. I just wanted to say Thankyou for being on here, it helps.

Unknown said...

Hi Sue, thanks for the comment. I understand about feeling alone. It's hard for someone to understand what life is like when you care for someone with MS. You are not alone, and we're open books so please let me know if you have any questions.

Anonymous said...

===========================
I juice daily with the Nutribullet---$100 at Target
'
============================